AMERICUS, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia woman who went on a viral Facebook Live rant claiming she was HIV-positive and intentionally infecting others is now being investigated by police.
Americus Police Major Herman Lamar told news outlets they received several tips Friday on the video. The woman is identified as Brandi Yakeima Lasiter.
The roughly one minute video shows Lasiter rattling off a list of men she allegedly infected, along with their wives and girlfriends. She bragged about getting revenge on the men, saying she always gets the last laugh.
Lamar says one of the men named in the video came forward and filed a communication harassment complaint. The investigation is ongoing and Lamar says police need to first prove Lasiter has HIV.
It is a felony in Georgia to knowingly transmit HIV.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students
- Hundreds attend funeral after deputy dies from being shot during car chase
- Man sets house, cars on fire after stimulus check withheld over child support, deputies say
- Protester at Raleigh women’s clinic injured after gun in pocket accidentally fires, police say
- Fuquay-Varina police release body camera video after teen hand-cuffed in front yard