ASHEBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — It’s been a year since a baby was kidnapped in Randolph County.
Now, the little girl is meeting the heroes who rescued her.
The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office posted photos of deputies and Emma Grace Kennedy to their Facebook page.
Emma’s family says without them, they would never have Emma Grace back in their arms.
PREVIOUS: Kidnapped baby found safe at NC home
She was just 7 months old when she was taken by her father who did not have custody.
The abduction prompted an Amber Alert.
During a news conference soon after the incident, officials said an officer entered the home where Emma Grace was and “immediately grabbed her up and shielded her with great care.”
Police in Danville, Virginia, say Carl Ray Kennedy abducted his daughter at knifepoint from the girl’s mother at a gas station
Kennedy, 52, pleaded guilty to several charges earlier this year. He was sentenced to six years in prison.
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
- Panthers QB Newton to miss 2nd straight game
- Monday marks first official day of Fall!
- Wake Forest police ask for help identifying 2 connected to grocery store larcenies
- Soldier from Fayetteville dies in SC during training
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now