GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — Goldsboro police have arrested a man in a weekend shooting that left one man dead and another injured.
Police say the shooting happened just after 5:50 a.m. Sunday at a home in the 100 block of Bright Street.
Manyele Lofton, 33, was arrested Monday around 5:40 p.m. and charged with one count of murder and one count of attempted murder, police said Monday night.
Eric Delonta Brooks, 35, of Goldsboro and a 37-year-old Dudley man were shot.
Brooks was found dead at the scene, while the other man was taken to the hospital with “multiple gunshot wounds,” police say.
Lofton was taken into custody at the Irish Inn Motel located at 1104 Sunburst Drive. Lofton received no bond and his first court appearance is Tuesday.
Goldsboro police asks anyone with knowledge of this crime to contact them or call CrimeStoppers at 919-735-2255.
- NewsNation, WGN America coming to YouTube TV in January 2021
- Fayetteville road rage incident leads to assault, police say
- Fayetteville man purchases $20 Loaded ticket, wins last $100,000 prize
- Baby gibbon at KC Zoo startles live TV crew as mom rappels from above
- Sun Bowl becomes 4th ACC tie-in bowl to cancel over COVID-19 pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now