NEW YORK (NEWS10) – Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, is offering a broad variety of free resources to help children and families during the coronavirus pandemic. On Tuesday they announced their Caring for Each Other initiative.
This brand new content will feature Sesame Street Muppets sharing messages of love and kindness, playful learning activities, and virtual playdates and is launching soon.
The initiative features resources designed to help parents provide comfort and manage anxiety, as well as help with creating routines, fostering playful learning at home, and staying physically and mentally healthy.
SesameStreet.org/caring will be regularly updated to meet the needs of families as the situation evolves.
Sesame Workshop is also creating brand new content on topics like handwashing, how to cough or sneeze properly, and how taking good care of yourself means taking good care of others, which will be available in the U.S. and globally in a wide range of languages and released in the coming weeks.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’
- Giuliani shown in hotel bedroom scene in new ‘Borat’ film
- Fort Bragg Twitter account deleted after hack leads to lewd messages
- Wednesday, October 21st – Spruce up your home for the season, learn how to manage anxiety and stress healthily
- Tackle DIY home projects with these awesome products
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now