HENDERSON, N.C. (WNCN) – A resident shot and killed a person attempting to break into a Henderson home Monday morning, according to a news release from Henderson police.
Officers responded to a report of someone being shot along the 200 block of Crozier Street at about 2 a.m. Monday. They arrived to find someone who had been shot and was lying outside a window, the release said.
No charges have been filed, police said.
The identity of the deceased is being withheld pending proper notifications, the release said.
Anyone who may have information on the shooting or breaking and entering is asked to contact the Henderson Police Department at 252-438-4141.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gang-affiliated Durham man charged in connection with ‘staggering’ amount of stolen property, police say
- Fayetteville police looking for man who attempted to lure child into van
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as September ends
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now