ROSE HILL, N.C. (WNCT) – A historic church in Duplin County was destroyed by a New Year’s Day fire.
According to fire officials, the call came in around 8 a.m. Monday at the Rose Hill United Methodist Church, located at 314 E Church St.MOBILE USERS: Click here for photos from the fire
No one was inside at the time of the fire.
Fire crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the Fellowship Hall, yet the rest of the church was a total loss.
Several fire departments including Rose Hill, Teachey, Pine Hook, Wallace, Warsaw and Northeast responded to the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Southeastern NC and part of coast under Winter Weather Advisory
- Woman riding moped dies after hit-and-run crash
- VIDEO: Squirrel charges police officer after being ‘investigated’ for cookie theft
- Video shows speeding driver miss Wisconsin deputy by inches
- NC man dead, wife injured in domestic-related shooting, reports say