RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was found dead in a northeast Raleigh park on Thursday morning, according to police.
Jorge Zelaya, 24, was found in the parking lot of Brentwood Park, police said.
The park is located at 3315 Vinson Court, police said. Zelaya was not in a vehicle when he was found.
The call came in at 6:55 a.m., according to police.
Zelaya’s mother spoke to CBS 17 and said she believes her son was at the park to buy drugs, but she doesn’t know how he ended up dead.
Click here to find a crime map for your area.
Police originally called this a death investigation but said around 1:45 p.m. that Zelaya’s death is now being investigated as a homicide.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now