AUBURN, Ala. (WRBL) – Human remains discovered over the weekend in Auburn have been positively identified as belonging to a missing Auburn University Student.
“On Sunday, November 10, 2019, Auburn Police responded to a residence in the 500 Block of Southview Drive in reference to the discovery of an individual found deceased in an out building on the property, where it appears he had been staying,” shared Auburn Captain Lorenza Dorsey.
The Auburn Police Division, the State of Alabama Medical Examiner’s Office, and the Lee County Coroner’s Office positively identified the man as Chih-Kai Lai, a 22-year-old Asian student enrolled at Auburn University who was reported missing on August 19, 2019.
Investigators say a preliminary investigation and postmortem examination indicates although Lai was last seen on August 18; he had only been deceased for a matter days and foul play is not suspected.
Lee Co. Coroner Bill Harris says a death investigation is still underway to determine exactly what happened to Lai.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now