ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA/AP) – Police say human remains were found by a bypasser just off Hill Street in Asheville Saturday.
According to police, the remains were found by a bicyclist down an embankment at the scene.
The remains were discovered on private property near Isaac Dickson Elementary School.
Police say it’s too soon to know the age or gender of the remains found late Saturday.
Police Lt. Chuck Sams tells The Citizen-Times of Asheville that investigators are trying to determine how long the body had been there and the state of decomposition.
The investigation is expected to take several days.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ATTORNEYS CLAIM EVIDENCE TAMPERING IN MURDER OF MICHAEL JORDAN’S DAD
- THOUSANDS WITHOUT POWER IN NC AS ICE HITS AREAS WEST OF GREENSBORO
- 2 DOGS SAVED FROM HOUSE FIRE NEXT TO RALEIGH FIRE STATION
- POLICE INVESTIGATE AFTER YOUNG WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN FAYETTEVILLE HOME
- HELP US DECIDE WHICH BIG GAME ADS ARE THE BEST