TAMPA (CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- FACT CHECK: Examining claims from last Trump-Biden debate
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now