DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Ducks were the reason that a six-vehicle wreck occurred on Interstate 40 Monday morning, Durham police said. The crash closed three lanes of I-40 westbound near the N.C. Highway 55 exit.
The wreck, which occurred just after 7 a.m. near exit 276, was caused by ducks crossing the interstate, police said.
According to police, the wreck involved five cars and one tractor-trailer and occurred after vehicles began slowing down and stopping so that ducks could cross the interstate.
One person was transported to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The lanes reopened shortly after 9:05 a.m.
Police said the ducks were rescued from the road and are safe.
- Passengers on Southwest flight get free Nintendo Switch
- Texas woman pleads guilty in shooting deaths of 2 daughters
- 5 guys arrested after fight at Five Guys restaurant in Florida
- Wife convicted in Georgia soldier’s death, guilty of murder
- VIDEO: 6-year-old baseball coach gets ejected, kicks dirt on ump, tosses bats on field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now