GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A Waye County jail inmate escaped the detention center on Friday morning, officials say.
The inmate, Victor Ramon Castro, was discovered missing around noon after escaping before 7 a.m., according to a news release from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.
“It was discovered through a video that at approximately 6:46 a.m. the trustee walked off from the Wayne County Detention Center,” the news release said.
During a count of inmates later in the day, Castro’s escape was realized.
Castro, 25, was “working as a trustee,” the news release said.
Castro was last seen walking north on Ormond Drive, officials said.
The missing inmate has ties to two areas of Goldsboro: Cambria Drive and Brady Place, the news release said.
In Dudley, Castro often visits Darlene Drive, J C Price Drive, Hack Drive, Beaver Drive and Mobile Circle, according to officials.
Castro was being held on misdemeanor traffic and resisting charges.
If anyone has any information on the location of Castro is asked to call 911 or Crime Stoppers at 919-735-2255.
- February 19: Snow possible Thursday
- VIDEO: Pot shop owner uses bear spray to drive away robbers
- New lab opening in RTP with focus on protecting firefighters from cancer-causing agents
- ‘I’m looking out for my family’: Mother chases shooting suspect through NC city
- New collar translates your dog’s barks into cuss words
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now