The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has surged across the country as more Americans are being tested for the virus. This interactive database reflects the approximate number of coronavirus tests conducted in each state in the United States to date.
The U.S. now has more than 143,000 infections and 2,500 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University, while around the world 732,000 people are infected. The true number of cases is thought to be considerably higher because of testing shortages and mild illnesses that have gone unreported.
The numbers in this data set are approximate and are based on current public information.
The data is collected directly from each state’s official department of health website.
The coronavirus pandemic is an evolving crisis. This database will be updated around 5 p.m. every day to keep the numbers as accurate as possible.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC bars could serve outdoors again, according to bill in General Assembly
- Durham community rattled by 4 shootings in less than 6 hours
- 10th Butner inmate dies after testing positive for COVID-19, officials say
- Why Triangle residents may be seeing more snakes in their neighborhoods
- Mom whose son died in hit-and-run plans remembrance walk in Harnett County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now