BERLIN (AP) — German police said Friday that a 15-year-old boy who was reported missing two years ago has been found in the home of a man suspected of child pornography offenses.
Police in the western city of Recklinghausen said officers were searching the 44-year-old suspect’s home when they discovered the teenager inside a cupboard.
In a statement, police said that “there is currently no indication the boy was held in the apartment against his will.”
The teenager was taken into police protection.
He had been living in a shelter in a nearby town when he was reported missing by social workers in 2017.
The 44-year-old resident of the apartment was taken into custody. Officers also seized electronic devices during their search.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Tiger King’ not among Trump pardons
- Teen ‘Jane Doe’ identified in 54-year-old Texas cold case
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, Lil Wayne, dozens of others
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19