(CNN Newsource) – Internet famous feline “Lil Bub” has died.
Lil Bub was known for her little tongue that stuck out and her small size due to a severe case of feline dwarfism.
She rose to fame in 2012 after appearing on the front page of Reddit and has since gained 2.3 million Instagram followers and close to 3 million Facebook subscribers in her 8 years.
According to her official Instagram page run by her caretaker, Mike Bridavsky, she died in her sleep on Sunday after battling a rare bone disease.
In her short 8-year life, Lil Bub did a lot of good.
She helped start the first national fund for special needs pets and raised more than $700,000 for animals in need.
- Christopher Columbus statue toppled and thrown in harbor
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Raleigh protests continue on July 4th at Executive Mansion
- Trump holds ‘Salute to America’ event on July 4th
- 1 wounded in shooting just east of downtown Raleigh
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now