(CNN Newsource) – Internet famous feline “Lil Bub” has died.
Lil Bub was known for her little tongue that stuck out and her small size due to a severe case of feline dwarfism.
She rose to fame in 2012 after appearing on the front page of Reddit and has since gained 2.3 million Instagram followers and close to 3 million Facebook subscribers in her 8 years.
According to her official Instagram page run by her caretaker, Mike Bridavsky, she died in her sleep on Sunday after battling a rare bone disease.
In her short 8-year life, Lil Bub did a lot of good.
She helped start the first national fund for special needs pets and raised more than $700,000 for animals in need.
- 1 dead in I-40 crash in Orange County; westbound lanes were closed for hours
- Wofford shocks depleted No. 17 UNC, 68-64
- Last-second shot lifts NC State past UNC Greensboro 80-77
- Wilson, Carson lift Seahawks past Panthers 30-24
- NC assistant football coach proposes to girlfriend moments after state title win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now