GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 52-year-old Kenneth Raiford of Goldsboro has died following a shooting Saturday evening in the 1100 block of Olivia Lane.
Officers responded to a call of gunshots heard in the area shortly before 6 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers located Raiford suffering a gunshot wound to the chest. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition but later died.
Police have not yet released information regarding any suspects or motives.
The shooting remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home