GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 52-year-old Kenneth Raiford of Goldsboro has died following a shooting Saturday evening in the 1100 block of Olivia Lane.
Officers responded to a call of gunshots heard in the area shortly before 6 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers located Raiford suffering a gunshot wound to the chest. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition but later died.
Police have not yet released information regarding any suspects or motives.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- North Carolina’s most misspelled word according to Google
- IRS now sending millions more additional stimulus checks
- 3 Durham men arrested in Rocky Mount shooting
- Newsfeed Now: Juneteenth becomes national holiday; Cave visitors experience rare fog phenomenon
- Neighborhood heroes alert family to burning home