JACKSBORO, Tenn. (WATE) – Superstar Jennifer Lopez and former MLB MVP Alex Rodriguez are making a huge impact in one East Tennessee community.
Jennifer Lopez announced on her Instagram Wednesday that she and her husband, former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, have donated one year’s worth of food to Jacksboro Elementary School after a Jacksboro first-grade teacher’s viral Facebook post about the faculty buying students food to take home.
In a post on Instagram, Lopez and Rodriguez are seen face-timing with Jacksboro teacher Brooke Goins, who made the viral social media post, saying they were both moved to tears by the teachers.
The two recently launched frozen meal company, Tiller & Hatch, and decided to send one year’s worth of prepared meals to the school’s food pantry, saying that no child should ever have to go to sleep hungry.
- ‘I didn’t mean to startle anyone’: Video shows arrest of man found with guns, ammo in Chicago hotel
- ‘Oh my God!’: Kiefer earns 3rd American fencing gold ever
- US basketball loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Russians top Biles, Americans in gymnastics qualifying
- History made: Anastasija Zolotic becomes first Team USA woman to win taekwondo gold
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now