DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting investigation is underway after authorities say a juvenile boy was seriously injured in a shooting early Sunday morning.
Police responded to the 1100 block of Briar Rose Lane for a shots fired call shortly after 1:30 a.m.
Once on scene, officers located the victim behind a building, suffering a gunshot wound.
Authorities said Monday that the boy is 14 years old. He was transported to the hospital where he was listed in serious but stable condition.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now