DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting investigation is underway after authorities say a juvenile boy was seriously injured in a shooting early Sunday morning.
Police responded to the 1100 block of Briar Rose Lane for a shots fired call shortly after 1:30 a.m.
Once on scene, officers located the victim behind a building, suffering a gunshot wound.
Authorities said Monday that the boy is 14 years old. He was transported to the hospital where he was listed in serious but stable condition.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police investigating shooting at Charlotte Walmart on Monday night
- SC man used crossbow to rob woman outside Myrtle Beach hotel, police say
- Raleigh mom who got COVID-19 vaccine helps her family who were sickened by the coronavirus
- Andrew Yang leads NYC mayoral race Democratic primary field, NewsNation poll finds
- Johnston County fire crews injured after tanker truck crashes while heading to fire call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now