CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – The community is being asked to help locate a missing 75-year-old woman near Chapel Hill, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said.
In a Facebook post Wednesday afternoon, the sheriff’s office said Mary Anne Rosenman wandered away from home between 4 and 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
Rosenman “is 5 foot 4 with blonde hair, believed to be wearing a blue green nightgown and gray tennis shoes.”
The post confirmed many agencies are involved in the search, including teams affiliated with the state search and rescue program and several K-9 trackers.
The sheriff’s office is asking, “those living within 5 miles of the Turkey Farm/Whitfield Rd area would please actively check yards, vehicles, outbuildings, etc. for any place Ms. Rosenman may have stopped to rest.”
- Rainfall this week will help our drought conditions
- Third person dies from Legionnaire’s disease, NC health officials say
- NC assisted living facility workers accused of running fight club with dementia patients
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Family identifies 84-year-old killed in Nash County house fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now