CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – The community is being asked to help locate a missing 75-year-old woman near Chapel Hill, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said.
In a Facebook post Wednesday afternoon, the sheriff’s office said Mary Anne Rosenman wandered away from home between 4 and 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
Rosenman “is 5 foot 4 with blonde hair, believed to be wearing a blue green nightgown and gray tennis shoes.”
The post confirmed many agencies are involved in the search, including teams affiliated with the state search and rescue program and several K-9 trackers.
The sheriff’s office is asking, “those living within 5 miles of the Turkey Farm/Whitfield Rd area would please actively check yards, vehicles, outbuildings, etc. for any place Ms. Rosenman may have stopped to rest.”
- Experts review proposed soccer stadium project for southeast Raleigh
- 3 years after Hurricane Matthew, Fayetteville neighborhood’s entrance finally fixed
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now