KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities Saturday identified a man who died in a three-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle on Friday evening along U.S. 264/Interstate 87 in Wake County.
The crash, which happened just after 5:50 p.m., closed one direction of the interstate near exit 13, which is the exit for U.S. 64 Business/Knightdale Boulevard.
Montel Dawn Garrett, 47, of Knightdale died in the crash after he hit a vehicle, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol
The wreck happened as EMS had one lane blocked while dealing with a previous incident.
Garrett, who was traveling in the same lanes on a motorcycle, failed to stop and ran into the back of a car that was not involved in the incident, troopers said.
Another car then hit Garrett, who died at the scene, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Traffic backed up along U.S. 64 bypass near U.S. 64 business split.
The entire highway reopened just before 7:30 p.m.
- Florida couple held boy, 12, at knifepoint, stole his bike, deputies say
- Mexican lawmen get FBI training to combat organized crime, terrorism
- Deported combat veterans open their doors to former soldiers in exile
- Ohio car wash transforms into Halloween haunt
- No arrest 5 days after Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s kidnapping
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now