CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — A large tree fell on two cars — including a police cruiser — near the UNC-Chapel Hill campus Friday afternoon, officials say.
The tree fell in the area of Fraternity Court on Columbia Street, Chapel Hill police say.
The street was closed and two cars were damaged by the falling tree, including one Chapel Hill police car.
No one was injured.
As of 4 p.m., crews were still on the scene cleaning up the area.
- New lab opening in RTP with focus on protecting firefighters from cancer-causing agents
- ‘I’m looking out for my family’: Mother chases shooting suspect through NC city
- New collar translates your dog’s barks into cuss words
- Virginia woman hit by a truck on her own front porch
- ‘Leaning Tower of Dallas’ becomes tourist attraction after failed implosion
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now