SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) — Three planes were involved in an incident that destroyed one airplane at the Raleigh Executive Jetport in Sanford on Monday, officials said.
No pilots were injured but a plane that was gutted by fire could be seen beside a runway.
Another plane appeared to have wing damage after the incident that happened around 1 p.m. No planes were in the air when the incident happened, officials said.
Deep River Fire Department responded to the scene.
There’s no official word on what caused the incident.
- Red Hat adding more than 500 jobs with many coming to Raleigh
- Why a warning to not panic buy turned into a run on fuel in NC
- Ohio to raffle off $1 million a week for 5 weeks to adults vaccinated against COVID-19
- How likely is it that everyone in a group has been vaccinated for COVID-19? Not very – and here’s why
- Researchers find link between exercise and sense of purpose in life