ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) — Rocky Mount police say they have made an arrest in a deadly shooting that happened early Sunday.
The incident was reported as a shooting with injuries just before 1:40 a.m. at a home in the 200 block of Kinlaw Court, according to a news release from Rocky Mount police.
When police arrived at the scene, they found Dominic Antoine Baker, 31, who had suffered gunshot wounds, the news release said.
Baker was already dead when officers arrived, police said.
“Officers and detectives investigated the case throughout the day and identified a suspect,” the news release said.
Kaylith Lewis Moore, 20, of Rocky Mount was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in connection with Baker’s death, according to police.
The case is still under investigation.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Rocky Mount Police Department at 252-972-1411 or Twin County Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111.
- North Carolina sheriff’s office warns of deputy scam making the rounds
- North Carolina woman arrested for sex act with foster child
- Custodian arrested after hidden camera found in NC elementary school restroom
- ATF offers $5,000 reward for information on man wanted for shooting Durham County deputy
- NC State football set to honor small senior class on Saturday