LILLINGTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities say one person was killed after a single-car crash near U.S. 401 in Harnett County.
North Carolina State Highway Patrol says shortly after 6 p.m., a person hydroplaned and swerved off the right side of the road, striking a utility pole.
Troopers say the person died on impact. There is no word on whether weather conditions were a factor in the crash.
There were no other occupants in the car at the time of the crash.
- ‘Groundhog Day feeling’ among Blue Devils after 3rd loss to begin season
- Relatives ‘rely on faith’ as search continues for boaters missing south of Myrtle Beach
- Harnett County teachers, students adapting to return to classrooms
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- Investigators finish probe into Rayshard Brooks’ shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now