ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN)– A 14-year-old boy who was shot on Friday has died, Rocky Mount Police said.
Police said on Friday around 6:20 p.m., officers responded to a report of an accidental shooting in the 700 block of Hammond Street in Rocky Mount.
When officers arrived to the scene, they found a 14-year-old boy who had been shot.
The teen was taken to the hospital where he died on Sunday, police said.
The Rocky Mount Police Department is asking anyone with information about this shooting to please call the department at 252-972-1411, Twin County Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111 or Text-ATip (Text RMPOL) and your message to CRIMES (274637). Your text is anonymous.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Orange County school leaders to meet again after 2 hours of debating in-person learning plans
- NC to allow indoor visits at nursing homes as progress made against COVID-19
- 2 Cumberland County schools to close for cleaning after staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Does smoke exposure increase firefighters’ susceptibility to COVID-19? It’s possible, UNC researcher says
- Man wounded in Durham shooting along East Main Street, police say