ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WBTW) — A 19-year-old was killed and a 14-year-old was injured after a shooting Friday in Robeson County, according to deputies.
Deputies said the shooting happened around 10:51 a.m. Friday in the area of Hwy 41 and Turkey Branch Road in Fairmont. When deputies arrived, two people were found with gunshot wounds.
Takira Grissett and the 14-year-old were taken to the hospital for treatment. Grissett died before arriving at the hospital, according to deputies. The 14-year-old is expected to recover.
Justin Joseph Brown, 23, of Fairmont was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping, attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, felonious restraint, assault with a deadly weapon, and assault by pointing a gun.
Brown is held in the Robeson County Detention Center without bond.
Anyone with information is asked to call 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks
- Automatic driving systems can cause complacency behind the wheel
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- NC’s private schools face more, larger COVID clusters than public schools
- 12-year-old driver, teen passenger killed in shooting on Tennessee interstate