YOUNGSVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A man and woman are dead following a murder-suicide at an apartment in Youngsville late Sunday, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said.
Investigators spent most of the morning in an upstairs apartment located in a building on Wolfpack Lane, just off N.C Highway 98 in Franklin County.
CBS 17 reporter Jamiese Price spoke with neighbors who said they heard a lot of noise late on Sunday coming from the apartment where investigators spent the morning. The apartment had a broken window and the blinds could be seen on the ground outside.
The sheriff’s office said officers with the Youngsville Police Department were called to the address around 9:50 p.m. and spoke with two people for about 20 minutes concerning a domestic incident.
One neighbor who spoke with CBS 17 said she heard loud noises, glass shattering, and screams around 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
Someone called 911 to report gunshots around the time the screams were heard.
Members of a Special Response Team made entry to the residence where they found the bodies of Lamien Fornike Moore and Albert Jerome Crudup.
The sheriff’s office said it is believed Crudup shot Moore before killing himself.
Further information was not released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio