UNION HOPE, N.C. (WNCN) — Two volunteer firefighters were taken to a hospital for treatment after their fire truck overturned in a crash Sunday morning in Nash County, officials said.
The incident was reported along N.C. 97 near Old Nash Road, which is about six miles east of Zebulon, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The truck was from Ferrell Volunteer Fire Department in Nash County and was heading to a 10:18 a.m. call about an electrical investigation, according to Nash County EMS officials.
The driver of the truck ran off the road, then over-corrected, then ran off the other side of the road. The fire truck then hit a ditch and overturned, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Both firefighters were later released from the hospital.
The crash is under investigation.
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now