PINETOPS, N.C. (WNCN) – Officials say that two people died among four people who were shot early Saturday just outside Pinetops.
Officers responded a shots fired call around 2:15 a.m. in the 700 block of Lashley Street.
Upon arrival, officers found four people had been wounded in a shooting. Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
One victim was transported to the the hospital and the other refused treatment.
Authorities say this appears to be an isolated incident and remains under investigation.
This is the second major shooting incident in or just outside Pinetops in a month.
Two people were shot inside a car early the morning of May 23 in the area of N. 2nd Street.
Authorities say shortly after 2 a.m., an officer on patrol noticed two vehicles following each other and then heard gunshots in the Edgecombe County town of Pinetops.
According to the preliminary investigation, one of the vehicles caught up with the other and they began colliding with each other just before shots were fired.
The officer then located one of the vehicles which was wrecked and both occupants inside were suffering gunshot wounds.
Anyone with information on either shooting is urged to call 252-641-7911.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family
- Death investigation underway after body found in Durham
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order
- Portion of I-95 South in Johnston County closed due to overturned fuel tanker