NASH COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) — Two men are dead and two other people were hospitalized following a crash in Nash County Wednesday evening.
According to N.C. Highway Patrol Trooper J.M. Leonard, a call came in around 6:48 p.m. for a crash on N.C. Highway 43.
Leonard tells CBS 17 that a car with three passengers was going south on N.C. 43 when it crossed the median and hit a pickup truck. The pickup truck’s driver was the only occupant in the vehicle.
The man driving the car died at the scene and the other two male passengers were taken to the hospital. One of the hospitalized passengers later died.
The third passenger remains hospitalized. There is no word on that person’s condition.
The driver of the pickup truck was also taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries. Their condition remains unknown.
No charges are pending in the crash, Leonard tells CBS 17. Speed does not appear to be a factor.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC’s private schools face more, larger COVID clusters than public schools
- 12-year-old driver, teen passenger killed in shooting on Tennessee interstate
- First at-home coronavirus test: What you need to know
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- U.S. unemployment claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens