BUIES CREEK, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting was reported Wednesday night near Campbell University’s main campus in Buies Creek, according to an alert from the university.
Sources said two people were shot off of Kivett Road, which is about a mile from campus.
The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office identified the victims as James McNeill 38, of the address and Steven Switzer 33, of Zebulon.
While Campbell issued an alert concerning the shooting, no one from the University was involved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Family raises awareness about moped safety after loved one dies in crash
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now