ABERDEEN, N.C. (WNCN) — Two sisters were killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hoke County, according to North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Troopers say the crash happened along the southbound side of Highway 15/501 at the Hoke County and Scotland County line.
A driver was attempting to pass another vehicle before losing control and crashing into a bridge and guardrail, troopers say.
JennaLyn Duckworth, 13, and Audra Duckworth, 11, was killed in the crash. Their father Bobby Duckworth was the driver of the vehicle. His wife Audra and their son Benjamin were all transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries.
No charges have been filed in the crash, Highway Patrol says.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now