LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a toddler was shot early Friday morning.
Deputies responded to Alamac Village Drive in the Lumberton area around 12:25 a.m. “in reference to multiple homes being shot into,” the sheriff’s office says.
A 2-year-old child was found with a gunshot wound upon the arrival of deputies. The child was taken to an undisclosed hospital to be treated and is listed in critical condition.
“The mobile home park has recently been the target of multiple shootings,” the sheriff’s office says. “However, the lack of cooperation from witnesses and victims have slowed the progress of the investigations.”
“Anyone with information about the recent shootings is asked to come forward and speak with investigators,” Robeson Co. Sheriff Burnis Wilkins said. “These individuals are blindly shooting into houses without any regards for human life and should be held accountable for their cowardly acts.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at 910-671-3100 or 910-671-3170 or by emailing email@example.com.
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
- NC woman wanted on murder charge following man’s fentanyl death
- Storm reveals mystery shipwreck at Utah’s Great Salt Lake
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now