BEAR CREEK, N.C. (WNCN) – A 20-year-old was shot to death in Bear Creek Wednesday morning, according to an official with the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to a reported shooting on Artis Cotton Road just before 1 a.m. Authorities found 20-year-old Emerson David Batsche shot at the scene. The sheriff’s office said Batsche lived at the home where he was found shot.
Batsche “died of his injuries related to [the] shooting…earlier this morning,” according to the sheriff’s office.
Officials said there is currently “no known motive” for the shooting and they’re not releasing any suspect information at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours