WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 21-year-old Amaru C. Carroll-Lee of Wilson was killed in a shooting Saturday night along the 800-block of Selma Street.
Officers were dispatched to the area just before 10 p.m. and located Caroll-Lee suffering a gunshot wound.
First responders attempted lifesaving efforts but Carroll-Lee died at the scene, police said.
On Monday morning, Wilson police announced an arrest had been made.
Terry Parker, 44, of Wilson, was arrested Sunday and charged with first-degree murder and first-degree burglary in connection with the case.
Parker is being held in jail without bond. The case is still under investigation.
The Wilson Police Department is encouraging anyone with information regarding this shooting to contact the Wilson Police Department at 252-399-2323 or Crime Stoppers at 252-243-2255.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lorentz’s 1st NHL goal is difference as ‘Canes end road trip with win over Predators
- Triangle-area health department officials react to move to vaccinate rest of frontline workers
- Georgia Tech tops Duke in overtime to win 5th in a row
- Triangle residents with underlying conditions look forward to receiving COVID-19 vaccine
- Duke University announces plans for in-person spring commencement