SILER CITY, N.C. (WNCN) – A 24-year-old man is on the run after deputies said he was charged with first-degree murder stemming from a fatal shooting Sunday in Siler City.
Sergio “Yovani” Rodriguez, 24, of Siler City is wanted following the shooting at a residence on Waterford Street, which is off of Fairfax Street in Siler City, the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office said.
Jose “Ramon” Hernandez, also of Siler City, was killed in the shooting.
Rodriguez is charged with one count of first-degree murder and three counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
Anyone with information about the case, including tips regarding the whereabouts of Rodriguez, is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency line at 919-542-2911.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Clayton HS honors first responders, firefighter who died from COVID-19 before football opener
- 2 arrested on multiple drug charges; woman hid fentanyl ‘inside her body,’ deputies say
- Durham Public Schools puts plan to return to in-person instruction on hold
- High school football kicks off in the Triangle as COVID-19 restrictions set to ease
- ‘Shook the whole building’ – 1.9 magnitude earthquake reported in Sparta