SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) – Three more people have been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of a 22-year-old on January 11, Sanford police said.
The arrests bring the total number charged in connection with the death of Diamond Preosha Richardson to five.
Vicente Galarza Alvarez, 19, of Sanford was arrested at 8:30 a.m. Monday by U.S. Marshals at the Days Inn Hotel at 1217 N. Horner Blvd.
He is being held without bond and is scheduled to appear in court January 28.
Jazmine Joanne Urrutia, 20, of Sanford was arrested along with Alvarez at the Days Inn.
She received a $75,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court January 28.
Emrique DeAngelo Lee, 20, of Sanford was arrested at 7:40 a.m Monday by U.S. Marshals at an apartment off Hillsborough Street in Raleigh.
Marshals then turned Lee over to Sanford police.
He’s being held without bond and will appear in court January 28.
Alvarez and Lee are charged with first-degree murder.
Urrutia is charged with accessory after the fact to first-degree murder.
The arrests come after shots were fired in area of Chatham and S. Moore streets around 7:30 p.m. January 11.
Sanford police said Richardson was struck by a bullet while riding in a car traveling on Simmons Street at S. Moore Street.
The driver of the car took her to Central Carolina Hospital, where she died, police said.
Police officers chased several males seen running from the area where the shots were fired, capturing 20-year-old Rayshawn Ahmik Donaldson and a 17-year-old juvenile.
They were also charged with first-degree murder.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Large hail, power outages, some damage reported after storms hit Wake County
- Missing teen’s death investigated as homicide, Virginia police say
- Clayton man accused of killing his children’s mother appears in court, victim’s family speaks out