LOUISBURG, N.C. (WNCN) — Health officials in Franklin County say dozens of people at the Louisburg Nursing center have tested positive for COVID-19.
Officials say as of the latest count 33 people — which include 30 patients and three staff members — have tested positive for the virus. The facility is located on 202 Smoke Tree Way in Louisburg.
The number is a sharp uptick from the two residents and three staff members who had tested positive for coronavirus as of Wednesday.
The facility has 61 residents, according to county health officials.
More test results will become available in the next 24 to 48 hours, officials say.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fans allowed back in the stands at Wake County school sporting events
- 7 arrested after long-term NC investigation into illegal drug sales
- Man reaches through NC home’s open window, grabs 14-year-old girl
- There’s something in the water off Virginia Beach: Shrimp!
- No. 6 Duke comes up short against No. 8 Michigan State