LOUISBURG, N.C. (WNCN) — Health officials in Franklin County say dozens of people at the Louisburg Nursing center have tested positive for COVID-19.
Officials say as of the latest count 33 people — which include 30 patients and three staff members — have tested positive for the virus. The facility is located on 202 Smoke Tree Way in Louisburg.
The number is a sharp uptick from the two residents and three staff members who had tested positive for coronavirus as of Wednesday.
The facility has 61 residents, according to county health officials.
More test results will become available in the next 24 to 48 hours, officials say.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Beta spurs hurricane worries for Texas
- What does the orange dot on my iPhone mean?
- NC man jailed on $1 million bond for statutory rape of 15-year-old
- Man arrested after shooting at Outer Banks, deputies say
- NCSU football parents allowed to attend home opener
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now