ROXBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A 36-year-old Roxboro man was killed and three others were injured in what police say was a “senseless act.”
“The senseless act of this shooting left a couple of people suffering from critical injuries. It is heartbreaking to tell you one person died on the scene from this shooting,” Police Chief David Hess said.
Hess said officers were called to Foushee Street around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday in reference to a shooting.
Responding officers found the body of Edgar Dewayne Yancey at the scene. Yancey had been shot multiple times, police said.
Two other shooting victims were also at the scene.
Terry Yellock Junior, 33, and H.T. Bass, 66, were transported to Duke University Hospital for their injuries.
One of the victims is in stable condition and the other was treated and released.
A fourth victim, Shawn Shewdel Satterfield, later went to Person Memorial Hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound. He was later released.
No one has been arrested and no suspect information was released.
Police are working to determine if there were multiple shooters involved and if the victims knew the who shot them. Police are asking anyone with information in this case contact the police department at 336-599-8345.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Family raises awareness about moped safety after loved one dies in crash
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now