MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) — Moore County health officials say more residents and employees at Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center have tested positive for COVID-19.
As of Wednesday, 26 patients and five employees were notified of positive tests. On Thursday, county health officials announced an additional 22 cases.
Officials say 45 patients and eight staff members have the virus.
All residents and employees were tested on Monday and Tuesday after a positive COVID-19 case was linked to the center over the weekend.
A number of those test results were received Wednesday.
Officials say residents of the facility who have tested positive for COVID-19 are isolated from others and that none are exhibiting severe symptoms or signs of respiratory distress.
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh; road closed
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Fayetteville remaining prepared despite Sally’s heavy remnants skipping over the city
- Ohio football players who carried police, fire flags on-field awarded scholarships
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now