HENDERSON, N.C. (WNCN/WGHP) — Authorities are looking for a man they say murdered a Vance County woman who was found dead in Burlington last week
The woman was found dead on the side of the road in Burlington on Thursday, July 16, according to a news release from Burlington.
Officers were called to the area of Gilmer Street and Graham Street at 12:59 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a woman dead on the side of the road on Gilmer Street.
The woman was identified as 35-year-old Charisma Pheniqueka Robinson, of Henderson.
At this point in the investigation, it appears that Robinson died from a gunshot wound, police said.
A day earlier, deputies found a car fully engulfed in flames in Vance County.
Antavian Cornelius Yancey, 34, is wanted on charges of murder and burning personal property, Vance County deputies said in a news release Friday.
Yancey, who is on the run, is believed to be “armed and dangerous,” according to the news release.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Burlington police at (336) 229-3500 or the Vance County Sheriff’s Office at 252-738-2200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh mayor lifts city-wide curfew set ahead of planned protests
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- Durham’s Riverside High School sports teams resume practices
- Man dies after he’s hit by vehicle in Fayetteville, police say
- Raleigh’s ‘Ghost Guild’ sees spike in reports of paranormal activity amid pandemic