LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) – An autopsy will be performed to determine how a 1-year-old girl died after her parents brought her to a Lumberton hospital.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called to Southeastern Medical Center just before midnight on Tuesday.
Jadalyn Barton, Shannon, was brought to the hospital by her parents and was unresponsive when deputies arrived.
Barton later died at the hospital.
An autopsy will be performed by the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office to determined Barton’s cause of death.
The case is being investigated by the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide and Juvenile Divisions. Robeson County District Attorney’s Office is assisting with the investigation.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3100 or (910) 671-3170.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 1,329 new cases of COVID-19 reported Sunday, third day of record hospitalizations
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Orange County Board of Commissioners Listening Session on Racial Justice
- 74-year-old woman struck, killed by celebratory 4th of July gunfire
- 2 dead, 8 injured in South Carolina Night Club shooting