CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) – A Carthage woman is behind bars and facing multiple charges in connection with shootings that occurred Monday near Carthage, according to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.
The Moore County Sheriff’s Office received multiple reports of shootings that happened in two different areas near Carthage on Monday, officials said.
A vehicle was struck multiple times in the shootings.
Following an investigation, the sheriff’s office arrested Brittany Emani Saxon, 28, and charged her with four counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and four counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied property.
Saxon is currently being held in the Moore County Detention Center under a $150,000 secured bond. Her first court appearance is scheduled for July 17.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Danny was killed by humans’ – Corolla wild horse chokes to death on apple, group says
- Father of suspect accused of killing 3-year-old Kansas girl calls for capital punishment
- Judge blocks federal executions; administration appeals
- UNC-CH commission recommends re-naming 4 campus buildings
- 2nd person of interest announced in death of 8-year-old girl
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now