CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — A Cary man who beat cancer is giving back to the medical community by collecting masks, goggles, and other personal protective equipment amid the coronavirus crisis.
Ryan Switzer and his coworkers collected more than 1,200 gloves, 500 N95 masks, and 250 safety glasses for healthcare workers in the Triangle.
Some of the items came from the construction industry, which also uses masks and safety goggles.
He’s thankful for the doctors and nurses who helped his family when they needed it.
“I’m a cancer thriver my wife recovered from a brain aneurysm,” said Switzer. “We were both lucky enough to go to Duke Healthcare system and my wife actually works at the clinic now through Duke.”
Switzer added: “She gloves up and masks up every day with the rest of her staff and they are amazing heroes and we just want to support them any way we can.”
- 1 killed in broad-daylight shooting in Fayetteville, police say
- 2 lanes closed on I-40 near I-540 after truck overturns
- 8 shot at large party in Virginia; 2 in critical condition, officials say
- Baby killed, child injured in southeast Charlotte shooting, police say
- 10 arrested in Oregon ‘Night of Rage’ protest over SCOTUS Roe v. Wade decision