DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A Cary man died after he was hit by “multiple unidentified vehicles” while walking along the Durham Freeway Tuesday morning, police said.
Durham police responded around 5:30 a.m. to the crash along N.C. 147 north between Ellis Road and Glover Road. Jon Ryan Latham, 44, of Cary, was walking in the travel lane of the northbound freeway when he was hit by multiple cars, police said.
Latham died at the scene.
Northbound traffic was shut down on the Durham Freeway for more than five hours as police investigated, a news release said.
Investigators are looking for a late-model silver or gray Dodge Grand Caravan. It would be missing pieces from the front bumper, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Henry at 919-560-4935, ext. 29449, or Crimestoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Can the coronavirus travel more than 6 feet in the air?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members