SURF CITY, N.C. (WECT) – Officials have identified the swimmer who died after being pulled from the ocean in Surf City Saturday afternoon.
According to a news release from the Surf City Fire Department, first responders were dispatched to Beach Access #8 in the 1200 block of North Shore Drive at around 12:38 p.m. after receiving reports of a swimmer who was in distress.
When Ocean Rescue arrived at the scene, they found bystanders attending to the victim — later identified as Kimberly Sabbagh, 44, of Bear Creek — in the water.
Rescue personnel removed the Sabbagh from the ocean and started live-saving measures, however, she did not survive.
No other details have been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Customer lifts spirits at Eggs Up Grill in Greenville with $2,021 tip
- COVID-19 vaccination event held at Tryon Equestrian Center
- Shooting victim walks into Raleigh hospital, investigation underway
- NC has hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 vaccine doses in freezers, state info indicates
- Duke hangs on to beat Georgia Tech, ending 3-game skid
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.