SURF CITY, N.C. (WECT) – Officials have identified the swimmer who died after being pulled from the ocean in Surf City Saturday afternoon.
According to a news release from the Surf City Fire Department, first responders were dispatched to Beach Access #8 in the 1200 block of North Shore Drive at around 12:38 p.m. after receiving reports of a swimmer who was in distress.
When Ocean Rescue arrived at the scene, they found bystanders attending to the victim — later identified as Kimberly Sabbagh, 44, of Bear Creek — in the water.
Rescue personnel removed the Sabbagh from the ocean and started live-saving measures, however, she did not survive.
No other details have been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Thieves target Triangle restaurants already struggling amid pandemic
- A day in the life of a mail-in ballot in North Carolina — find out how they’re handled
- Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’
- Giuliani shown in hotel bedroom scene in new ‘Borat’ film
- Fort Bragg Twitter account deleted after hack leads to lewd messages
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.