DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) — Northbound Interstate 95 was closed for about three hours following a crash near Dunn Sunday night.
The wreck was reported around 9:15 p.m. in Harnett County near mile marker 72, which is the I-95 exit for East Pope Street, according to an alert from the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
There are no details about the crash itself. DOT cameras in the area appeared to show traffic backed up about two miles.
The left southbound lane of I-95 was also closed. After about two hours, the NCDOT said that motorists could pass on the shoulder, but a detour was also set up.
The highway reopened around 12:15 a.m. Monday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her