COATS, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash closed the northbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Harnett County for about 35 minutes Saturday afternoon, officials say.
The wreck was reported around 4 p.m. near exit 77, which is Hodges Chapel Road near Coats, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Drivers were being told to “follow local law enforcement” for a detour in the area.
The crash involved a single-vehicle, which was blocking traffic in the area, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
The NCDOT reported the crash scene was clear by 4:35 p.m.
- 2 dead, 20 injured after massive explosion at Texas warehouse
- Trump becomes 1st president to visit, speak at March for Life rally
- Affordable housing a hot topic as Bernie Sanders’ campaign holds town hall in Durham
- Officials: Child dies after early-morning fire at NC apartment complex
- High on ‘shrooms,’ man pistol-whips transgender woman who wrestled gun away, police say