COATS, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash closed the northbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Harnett County for about 35 minutes Saturday afternoon, officials say.
The wreck was reported around 4 p.m. near exit 77, which is Hodges Chapel Road near Coats, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Drivers were being told to “follow local law enforcement” for a detour in the area.
The crash involved a single-vehicle, which was blocking traffic in the area, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
The NCDOT reported the crash scene was clear by 4:35 p.m.
- Durham police investigating 2 murders near downtown
- The best-paying occupations that don’t require an advanced degree
- Mass shooting at large party in DC kills teenager, critically injures off-duty officer
- Wilson police ID 5-year-old killed in shooting; suspect still on the run
- Houses explode in Baltimore, killing 1 and trapping 1, fire union says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now