DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) — Fire officials in Harnett County say it took crews hours to put out a large structure fire Tuesday.
The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office says a call came in around 10 a.m. for a fire at 212 Bait Road in Dunn, which is the location of Warren’s Cricket Farm.
Crews battled the fire for several hours — focusing on the attic. One building on the farm is now a total loss.
The farm provides crickets to the bait industry and for fishing. The owner says the farm has been in his family since the 1940s. The owner said he is struggling to process the loss but plans to rebuild.
No injuries were reported.
- Police investigate after witness reports woman assaulted, abducted in Fayetteville
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- ‘Canes sign defenseman Fleury to 2-year deal
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now