DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) — Fire officials in Harnett County say it took crews hours to put out a large structure fire Tuesday.
The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office says a call came in around 10 a.m. for a fire at 212 Bait Road in Dunn, which is the location of Warren’s Cricket Farm.
Crews battled the fire for several hours — focusing on the attic. One building on the farm is now a total loss.
The farm provides crickets to the bait industry and for fishing. The owner says the farm has been in his family since the 1940s. The owner said he is struggling to process the loss but plans to rebuild.
No injuries were reported.
- Despite funding struggles, HBCUs graduate top talent
- Man trying to stay warm starts fire in abandoned SC home, dies in blaze, investigators say
- Cummins has dozens of open positions at Rocky Mount annex
- QVC partners to help warehouse employees out of a job following fire
- Democrats see good chance of Garland prosecuting Trump