FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said they were investigating a deadly shooting late Saturday night and have now identified the victim as 41-year-old Terrance Gibbs.
The incident, which was reported just after 10:20 p.m. as a shots fired call, happened in the area of South C. Street and McDaniel Street, police said.
When police arrived at the scene, they found a Gibbs deceased, lying in the roadway of the 500 block of McDaniel Street, according to a news release.
Authorities asked the public to avoid the area and to use alternative routes.
No other information was released by police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh man charged in shooting along Falls of Neuse Road
- Raleigh man detained at his home last year says he plans to sue police
- Pope Field airman awarded Silver Star for actions in ‘harrowing’ Afghanistan fire fight
- 14 aftershocks hit NC county after large weekend earthquake
- 2 kids and girlfriend find man shot dead in backyard in Nash County, deputies say